Launch day - Filling the balloon
In this tutorial we’ll look at filling the balloon. SOME THINGS TO BE AWARE OF:back to Launch day
- Balloons are delicate, use a ground sheet
- Make sure there is nothing that could burst the balloon near enough for the balloon to hit
- There are various kinds of valve available
- Be careful with fingernails (we often use latex gloves to handle the balloon)
- Fold the neck back on itself and tie off again to form a loop.
- Use strong tape around the top of the loop.
- Feed the cord (that connects to the parachute) through this balloon loop and tie off.