Terms & Conditions
- In this document, where the following words or phrases are used, they will have the following meanings:
- “SentIntoSpace” and “the company” refer to BARC Products Ltd, trading as ‘SentIntoSpace’, of 9 Dixon Road, Sheffield, S6 4FY, United Kingdom;
- “Customer” and “you” means any person who purchases Goods and Services from SentIntoSpace;
- “Proposal” means a statement of work, quotation or other similar document describing the Goods and Services to be supplied by SentIntoSpace;
- “Shop” means the online storefront operated by SentIntoSpace on their website at http://www.sentintospace.com
- “Goods” means the articles specified in the Proposal or offered for purchase on the Shop;
- “Services” means the services specified in the Proposal;
- “Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions of supply set out in this document and any other special terms and conditions agreed in writing by SentIntoSpace.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to all Proposals and contracts for the supply of goods and services by SentIntoSpace and will prevail over any other documentation or communication from the customer.
- By accepting the Proposal or purchasing Goods and Services from the Shop, the Customer will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- Any variation to these Terms and Conditions will be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by SentIntoSpace.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will prejudice any condition or warranty, express or implied, or any legal remedy to which SentIntoSpace may be entitled in Relation to the Goods and Services, by virtue of any statute, law or regulation.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect the Customer’s statutory rights as a Consumer as laid out in the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- In no event will SentIntoSpace be liable for any special, collateral, indirect, punitive, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages in connection with or arising out of this contract or the use of the Goods provided hereunder, regardless of whether SentIntoSpace has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- In no event will SentIntoSpace’s aggregate liability from any warranty, indemnity or other obligation arising out of or in connection with this contract, or any use of any Goods provided by the company hereunder, exceed the total amount paid to the company for the particular Goods sold under this contract with respect to which losses or damages are claimed.
3. Customer Obligations
- To enable SentIntoSpace to perform its obligations the Customer will:
- Cooperate with SentIntoSpace;
- Provide SentIntoSpace with any information reasonably required by SentIntoSpace;
- Obtain all necessary permissions, licenses and consents which may be required before using the Goods; and
- Comply with such other requirements as may be set out in the Proposal or otherwise agreed between the parties.
- The Customer will not repackage the Goods, nor will they separate Goods purchased as part of a set or kit for individual sale.
- Purchase of Goods does not transfer any ownership of the intellectual property of SentIntoSpace to the Customer. Purchase of Goods grants no license to license or reproduce or otherwise use any of SentIntoSpace’s intellectual property. All logos, graphics and trademarks of SentIntoSpace remain the property of SentIntoSpace.
- Where Goods are purchased for the purpose of conducting near-space launches, it is the responsibility of the Customer to check the legal constraints imposed on the use of these Goods in the country in which the launch is to take place and to operate safely and within the confines of the law. This includes adherence to all unmanned flight regulations and application of the appropriate permissions from aviation authorities and landowners.
- The Customer acknowledges that high altitude balloon launches carries the risk of loss and damage to their equipment, including Goods purchased from SentIntoSpace and the Customer’s Personal equipment.
- The Customer acknowledges that there is a risk to third parties when carrying out high altitude balloon launches and accepts responsibility of that risk.
4. Supplier Obligations
- Where the Customer buys Goods from SentIntoSpace, SentIntoSpace warrants that the Goods will be of satisfactory quality, be fit for the purpose for which they are sold, and match the description, sample or model.
- Where the Customer pays for SentIntoSpace to conduct a near-space balloon launch:
- SentIntoSpace will conduct all agreed and reasonable actions with expertise and care to facilitate a safe and successful launch, filming, landing and collection of the payload.
- SentIntoSpace will obtain all necessary permissions, licenses and consents necessary to conduct the launch.
- SentIntoSpace will adhere to all unmanned flight regulations.
- SentIntoSpace is not liable for the quality of video footage or still images produced in the process of conducting a launch. While every reasonable effort will be made to maximise the quality of the output, SentIntoSpace cannot guarantee that unforeseen circumstances or complications beyond the company’s control will result in a launch producing no usable footage.
5. Price and Payment
- Where a Proposal is issued:
- The price for the Goods and Services is specified in the Proposal and is inclusive of VAT and any applicable charges outlined in the Proposal.
- Payment of the price is to be received as specified in the Proposal.
- If the Customer fails to make any payment within 30 days of it becoming due, SentIntoSpace is entitled to charge interest at the rate of 4% per annum on the outstanding amounts.
- The Proposal attached to these Terms and Conditions remains valid for a period of 30 days.
- Where the Goods are purchased through the Shop:
- The prices given on the Shop are firm unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
- SentIntoSpace reserves the right to change the prices and specifications of Goods at any time without notice.
- Every attempt is made to ensure the correct prices and shipping costs are listed. If a price or shipping cost is incorrectly listed, SentIntoSpace reserves the right to cancel the order.
- If an order is cancelled due to an incorrect price listing, SentIntoSpace will contact the Customer and make all reasonable arrangements to supply the Goods at the correct price.
- Payment will be made by Debit or Credit Card through the WorldPay system, or by PayPal, as per the instructions on the Checkout page of the Shop.
- Where a Proposal has been issued, the date and nature of delivery of Goods and Services is as specified in the Proposal. SentIntoSpace may vary these times by stating in writing details of the change to the Customer.
- Where Goods are purchased through the Shop, shipping will be conducted by a third party company on behalf of SentIntoSpace.
- Delivery of the Goods will be conducted by a third party carrier as specified in the Proposal.
- If the Goods are damaged or lost during the shipping process, SentIntoSpace will pursue compensation from the third party.
- SentIntoSpace is not liable for the consequences of a late delivery where the third party is at fault.
- All risk in the Goods will pass to the Customer when they are in the physical possession of the Customer.
- If the Customer wishes to cancel an order, notice must be given within 14 days. After 14 days, no refund will be given for Goods which meet the product description on the Shop and are functioning correctly.
8. Returns and Refunds
- Where the Goods as supplied are faulty or do not comply with any of the contract, the Customer is entitled to reject them within 30 days of delivery.
- If no written notification of rejection is given to SentIntoSpace within 30 days of delivery, the items will be deemed to be accepted.
- Arrangements for returns will be agreed between the Customer and SentIntoSpace upon confirmation of the fault in the Goods provided. The Goods should not be returned to SentIntoSpace before an agreement is reached. SentIntoSpace is not liable for any Goods returned in this manner and will not issue a refund for them.
- SentIntoSpace is not liable for any fault or defect arising due to wilful damage, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow instructions, misuse, alteration or unauthorised repair, improper maintenance or negligence on the part of the Customer or a third party.
- SentIntoSpace is not liable for loss or damage of Goods or the Customer’s personal possessions due to unforeseen circumstances or complications during launch.
- Should a launch produce no usable footage, SentIntoSpace is under no obligation to refund any fees for the Service, nor to conduct further launches for the Customer. However, the right to do either is retained at the company’s discretion.
SentIntoSpace claims no ownership of anything you post (for example, images, video, comments etc.) and we will never sell it to a third party without your permission. You retain all copyrights for anything you share with us.
By submitting any image to us (either through links in the forum, by email or otherwise), you agree to allow SentIntoSpace to display it (including displaying it on this website and as part of our promotional materials) without infringement of any copyrights. You also allow us to identify you as the source of such content by name.
By signing up to an account at SentIntoSpace.com users must agree to abide by certain forum rules. Whilst the majority of content submitted will be unmoderated (we believe strongly in freedom of expression), users comments which are of a malicious nature will be removed and the user banned from further posts. Further, the forums are used by people of all ages and should not be used to post pornographic or generally offensive text, images or links. Users are asked to refrain from copyright infringement.
Posts containing advertisements for products and services will not be accepted in any form and will be deleted by the admin.
Forum users are asked to check that posts are made to the relevant forum. The administrators may move or delete posts which are in the wrong place.
The views expressed by forum users do not necessarily represent the views of the SentIntoSpace team.
Prices, Taxes and Payment
The prices given are firm unless otherwise agreed to in writing. SentIntoSpace reserves the right to change the prices and specifications of its products at any time without notice. Every attempt is made to ensure the correct prices are listed. If, by mistake, any Goods are under priced, SentIntoSpace will not be liable to supply that item to the Customer at the stated price, provided that SentIntoSpace notifies the Customer before the item concerned is dispatched.
The Customer is solely responsible for any taxes or duties arising from the purchase or delivery of products. For deliveries within the EU, all prices given on the site include tax and postage and packaging where applicable. For deliveries to other countries, the Customer is responsible for any local taxes due on arrival.
Cancellations and Returns
If the Customer wishes to cancel an order, notice must be given immediately. SentIntoSpace will accept a request for cancellation of an order and a refund will be given only up until the item has been dispatched.
No Goods sold under this contract may be returned without the express prior authorisation from SentIntoSpace. No returns will be accepted after 60 days from date of shipping.
The failure of SentIntoSpace to enforce at any time any of the provisions of this contract, to exercise any election or option provided herein, or to require at any time performance by the Customer of any of the provisions herewith shall in no way be construed to be a waiver of any such provisions.