Forum

Home Forums Cadets SMS Locator problem

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  khall90 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    R Simm view profile
    Participant

Hello all,

I’m hoping to make my first launch next week so need a quick response if possible.

I’m struggling to get the SMS locator to work and am not sure what is wrong with it.

I’ve activated the SIM card in a mobile phone by making a call as recommended somewhere.

I’ve charged the battery overnight.

When I try and turn it on the green light comes on and stays on for about 10 seconds, but then goes off. I’ve tried it indoors and out to no avail. When I ring it just goes straight to answer phone and I’ve received no texts from it yet.

Any help appreicated.

Many thanks, Rob Simm

Hide replies
    PierceIt view profile
    Participant

I’m having the exact same symptoms

i have any and received a call with this sim chip from a phone and confirmed with AT&T in the store that all is working fine and that it should work fine in the tracker

When I turn on the tracker the light stays green for a few seconds and then it just turns off

Did you ever figure this one out?

thanks

ron

Hide replies
    khall90 view profile
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having the same problem – did either of you ever get a response?

Thanks,

Kat

Hide replies
    R Simm view profile
    Participant

No I’m afraid not, still haven’t launched yet either, hoping to this summer.

Rob

Hide replies
    khall90 view profile
    Participant

Annoying! Thanks Rob.

Hide replies

HI folks,

Apologies for the (serious) delay in responding. if you’re still experiencing issues with your tracking devices, please drop us an email at info@sentintospace.com, marked For Attention Of Alex Keen (that’s me!). I’ll run through some of our common issues and fixes, see if we can resolve and if not, look to replace your defective trackers.

Thanks!

Hide replies
    Tschwaller view profile
    Participant

I too am having nothing but problems with my SMS tracker. I bought an AT&T simm card, have made and received calls with the chip from a cell phone, but I cannot get it to work with the tracker. I get a solid green light for a few seconds, and then it goes off. Was the problem here ever corrected?

Hide replies
    khall90 view profile
    Participant

Hi Tschwaller,

Sounds like the same problem I was having. I called and emailed the guys at Sent Into Space and they were brilliant, sent me out a new one and just asked for old one back to test if it was faulty. New one worked absolutely fine first time. So definitely worth giving them a call or email about it.

If you can see Alex’s post above it tells you the email to send to.

Hope that helps!

Hide replies

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.